Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wed strength

Long day today so I went in mid morn to work out.  Starting at noon, I was coaching basically through 7:30 tonight.

I felt good mentally going into my workout today.  Yesterday with my coach was, as always, productive and left me feeling like I had a little more insight into 'life as an athlete'. :)

A) 5 x 5 OHS-inc wt.
65#, 75#, 80# (failed on the fifth one due to the bar being too far fwd), 80 again, and 82.5. :)  
The squats on the last set were a little slow, but I had to stay measured to hold the BB.

B) beh neck SP 
Damn...I realized I did PPs.  Crap. I did this two weeks ago and made the same mistake, but caught it....
As a beh neck PP of 10-12 x 3
45#  55#  60#
These felt better than the first time I did them. Just wish I had done SP for comparison!
My upper arms get a little challenged with this behind my neck but not enough to effect me today. YAY!

C) FS X 2 PP X 1 -6 reps of complex x 5
I like this one, even though it's surprising breath tiring!
65#   70#   75#   75#    77.5#
These make me dig deep, especially near the end! 

Travelling tomorrow (and back Sunday) to PA for a grandbaby fix.  :)
I'll bring my KB and heaviest DBs I have (15#) and if I can't get to a box, at least I'll have some wts to play with!

No comments:

Post a Comment