Friday, February 15, 2013

"jackie"

I was looking forward to this today...as much as anyone can look forward to a benchmark WOD.

I warmed up with a 250m row/a couple laps around the gym (upper and lower), then some shoulder work.  Pretty much followed my warm up for the class today as we were working on OHS and other OH mvmts.

Warmed up for THR in "Jackie", along with some PLU work.
Then "Jackie":
1K row
50 THR @ 45#
30 PLUs
10:23  (PR by 35 sec from a year ago, knowing I had bigger sets of PLUs a year ago)
I was happy I PRd, and yet of COURSE I'm going to review my performance. ;)
Row: 4:09~~about where I thought I would be
THR: 10 x 5 ~~ I suspect I took too much time between sets
PLU: 7+5+ (2 x 7) + (1 x 4) ~~ these played out about how I thought so I dropped and got back on the bar quickly.  I didn't want to have to "no rep" myself.

All in all, I'm pleased. To do a WOD like this alone and still PR felt good.  I'm sure I can break the 10min mark next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment