Saturday, February 2, 2013

fifties friday/self-select saturday

Woke up with a "stopyourbellyaching" attitude yesterday. I mean, really, nothing to complain about so nothing to whine about so get back to enjoying the frig out of my CF world! 

Fri: Still working on squat depth, which is coming along! Basics can get 'old' but then again you can never get enough of them!

A) BS 4-6 x 3 w/3sec hold at bottom
1: 6 @ 92#      2: 5 @ 102#         3: 4 @ 112#
Went heavier today. Push a little more each time, annie! 
It's always amazing to me how a relatively light weight can get so challenging by adding the hold at the bottom! The vid is of sets 1+3.  I should probably be going a little closer to failure.  On set 1, it looks as if I had another couple in me...

then:  for time:
50 WBs (15 @ 9')
50 DUs
50 burpees
7:19
I haven't done a large chunk of WBs in a while and ended up having to break them up a little more than I thought I would when "planning" this.
15-11-9-5-5-5
DUs were pretty broken up
Burpees are burpees.  I just do them and don't stop.
I was pretty gassed when I started them so I decided to keep steady at them by doing the drop down and one knee 'crawl' up to the hop on every one.  I even alternated the lead knee and I definitely think they are as efficient that way as the a tired version of the spring up with both legs. 
I should have paid more attention to the split times.

********************

Saturdays are always self-select.  I pushed so much yesterday I didn't want to overdue the pushing today so I went to advanced class this morn, but they were doing "Nate" so I did something different, but still on the 20min AMRAP scheme.
2Omin AMRAP of:
4 C2B
2 HSPU
8 DLs @ 165#
7+6
I used the thin purple band again for the C2B, trying every few to see if I could get up without.  I did a couple unassisted, but that's it....keep at these!  I no-repped myself on a couple because I didn't touch the bar.  I want to practice switch grip on these too. I keep forgetting to do that mid-WOD! I'm thinking I also ought to try jumping C2Bs too.
HSPU are still used with 3 mats. :)  I did a few with 2 early on, but then needed the third. Couldn't get my kip off today.  I may need these and I'm pretty sure Masters women 55+ can use a box, so I really need to keep practicing both ways.  They are hard even from the box!
Felt the need to do a little DL pulling today.  I did the first 5 sets UB, then sets 6 and 7 I broke up into 5+3.

Didn't get sweaty on this, but used a couple goats in the WOD so it's all good.

Day off tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment