At Craic today for a session with Coach John.
Being right before the Open, he asked what I wanted to work on. I told him I really just needed a pep talk. :) I can handle working out alone now, altho I could still push myself a little more some days, but it's pretty good. I don't need a lot of strokes. Sometimes, however, I just want someone to either kick me in the pants or give me some words of wisdom. John always comes through with some little nugget that helps me put thoughts into perspective.
I've been very frustrated with the slow progress of my snatch, and he pointed out to me that I have only reeeaally been working on it for a few short months. Being so technically difficult, he reminded me that it can take a couple years before I feel "comfortable" with the movement. I have not had to work this hard on anything else it CF to date, or so it seems, so this is a new adventure in patience for me. My body will eventually begin to move the way it is supposed to, but during the process, I also need to remember to love what it already CAN do for me!
Anyway, the decision was to work on some split snatch today instead of SS. I also showed him my C2B, so he came up with this for me today:
20 min EMOM
evens: 3 75# split snatch
odds: 3 C2B
I completed all 30 split snatches
I completed 21 of 30 C2B reps.
I was happy with both...especially the C2B. I've never done more than 3 unassisted before today. John gave me the instruction to drop after each one, rest (10-20sec today), then complete another.
It's the little strategies that help sometimes more than the actual lessons in technique. I mean, I obvie need both, but the mental game is huge!
Sara was unexpectedly at Craic working out today so I got to see her OWN MUs today. She looked so fluid! At one point, she had a couple 2K rows to do, so I did the first one with her, then the second, I just rowed another 500m and sat with her as she finished her 2K.
Then I finished up with 10 ext rots @ 10#/each arm x 3
(I do these periodically, so I need to remember to start putting into my training blog everything I do on any given day so when I look back, I'll know. :)
Wonderful day working out with some family!!
No comments:
Post a Comment