Friday, January 11, 2013

WODding in TN

Friday in TN with famireee.

I did my WOD at CrossFit Brigade today.  The gym has changed a bit since I last saw it. New rigs, new set up, looks good.
 
A) 5x1 snatch at 85#
Okay, what I see from my vids:
I was leaning back out of the way of the bar better.
However, I also was having the bar come too far out of the way at the top of the lift.
And I also wasn't receiving the bar low enough.
MORE practice!

B) 5x2 snatch balance @ 55#
These were basically horrible....terribly tentative. AND, for some reason, the first set didn't record.
I wanted to post anyway so I have a benchmark to look back on. If I had done them after the MetCon today, I would have been more confident on the snatch balances.
Anyway...
 
 
C) metcon:
21-15-9
OHS 45#
pull ups
6:09
Lissa started 'coaching' midway through 21. It was most helpful during the PLUs.
She cued me to keep my chest up on the OHSs and after that they felt great. She also said they looked strong.
21s: 12-6-3 // 15s: 5-5-5 // 9: UB
When I broke, I just rested the bar on my traps.
My PLUs were okay, but frustrating because I have to go to the 1-3 at a time and just keep practicing a drop/quick back up to the bar routine! My grip may be as good as it's gonna get. It definitely challenges me on my overhead pulls. Trying not to let it settle in a bad place in my head.  It's not the end of the world annie!
By the last round of 9, my count was 3-2-1-1-1-1-1. Lissa no repped be on #9 so I had to do a 10th.

I was really happy with my OHS. I'm exceedingly happy to feel better about these. First time in my CF "career" that I don't feel skerrred of them!! Feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment