My upper arms were still pretty sore/tweaked from Wed's work, but I knew once I got going I'd be fine.
A) BS 6-8x3 3sec hold
1: 9 @ 75#
2: 7 @ 85#
3: 5 @ 85#
I know this is still light, but the hold is still a killer for me. As you can see by the 3rd set, I was done. The explode up gets a little challenging when you feel 'stuck'. hahaha
Holding the barbell in this particular position was tough today too. It was because of my arms being sore.
then:
3 rds- 3min rest btwn each rd
20 thrusters 65#
15 PLUs
20 DUs
1: 3:26 (I had to re-collar my plates once)
thr: 10+5+5
PLUs:5+3+3+3+2+2+2
DUs: broken a lot
2: 2:54
thr: 10+5+5
PLUs: 7+4+3+3+2+1
DUs: 17+3
3: 2:51
thr: 8+4+4+4
PLUs: 8+5+3+2+2
DUs: UB
So, what's wrong with this picture? I am uncertain if I notated my PLU count wrong or actually did 20 PLUs in each set. I think the latter, but I can't vouch for myself. I also wanted to video this and I zoned out on that, so I have no verification.
ANYway, I tried to get the timing right on my thrusters. They got pretty slow in the last round and I was leaning forward a bit on some of them.
For the PLUs, I didn't use any tape today on my hands. I think without the tape, I feel/grip the bar better. I have always ripped even on low count PLUs, but keeping my callouses really well "sanded" down with my dremel seems to be helping my ability to handle the bars tape-less.
The beginning of each rd the set was good, then when I had to drop to small sets, I just kept doing what I've been doing...getting back up on the bar asap.
DUs were pretty standard. I will say that I didn't take time to really "find my breath" on the first rd of DUs and that was the worst. The next two I held the rope, took a couple of 'slowing' breaths and then those sets were better. I should experiment with timed sets of DUs to see if I actually save time by taking that little breathbreak first rather than tripping up more.
**side note: I wore my lifting shoes again to keep getting used to DUs in them and they felt fine.
Oh, and yeah, it was not unnoticed that this was a freakishly Franish metcon. :P
The 3min breaks were good, but I was still completely gassed by the end of rd 3.

No comments:
Post a Comment