Wasn't sure I'd even workout today, but I did.
A)FS: 3-5 x 5 with 5 sec pause at bottom
1: 7 @ 65#
2: 6 @ 75#
3: 5 @ 75# (I thought I added some, but noooo)
4: 5 @ 85# (5th one felt like molasses coming up!)
5: 5 @ 85# (video)
My depth has gotten much better with these drills. Now I think I need to push myself more with the weight I use. I don't so much go to 'failure' as I go to 'a challenge'.
B) BTN PP 3-5 x 3
1: 12 @ 45#
2: 8 @ 55#
3: 8 @ 65#
I really thought I would not get through even lighter weights of this today because my sore arms in this position did not bode well. I got warmed up enough that again, I could have challenged my self a bit more on weights.
I'm seeing a pattern that needs changing!
then: 10min AMRAP
10 44# KB swings
10 Burpees
So, I could not get the 44# overhead...too painful/weak.
I switched this to a 53# "all she's got" Russian. It was obvie still working my swing/pull. I was getting it up to over eye level.
Then I went to do my first few burpees and I had no support at all from my pecs.
I tried the first 10 but really really sore.
So I switched this to DUs.
New WOD:
10 53# KBs russian
20 DUs
9+2
KBs all UB until the last round and I had to put it down on 6,then the 4.
DUs were very broken on a couple, including the first rd. Then there were a couple UB. Most were two sets, like 17+3 or 18+2.
This felt like I managed everything pretty well. I'm sure it wasn't as gassing had I done the burpees, but oh well.
I'll see what I do tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be less sore, but geez, right now...still...
No comments:
Post a Comment