Yesterday (Friday) was a repeat of last Friday's program. Only difference was, I did the correct movement, but STILL I misread my coach's directions and did more reverse lunges than I needed to. Geesh...can I just chalk all this doofusness on being a geezer? haha......Must. Focus......SQUIRREL! :)
A)Alt. rev. lunges, front rack BB, 12-16 steps total x 4
(I did 10 rev lunges each leg)
1: 45
2: 55
3: 65
4: 75
Balancing on a few were dicey, otherwise I just tried to concentrate on performing a good lunge. I'm not used to doing reverse, so that made it doubly challenging.
B)15 min AMRAP
3 deadhang PLUs
6 strict PUs
9 box j's
12 DUs
8+13
This was not as many reps as last week (9+4), however:
PLUs: I used the smallest purple band through the entire AMRAP. Last week I only used it for 1 rd.
PUs: I made them UB through rd 6. Then rd 7: 4/2, rd 8: 3/3, and into rd 9:3/2/1
That was better too.
I always do step downs on box j's. UB throughout.
My DUs totally suck right now. I'm going to go back to the heavier rope for a bit to reconnect with the feel. I'm tired of struggling with them. I thought they were coming back then boom. I wish this particular goat would just stop coming back! arrrrg.
Saturday:
I did plenty of metcons this week and really wanted to work on some Oly lifting progressions and my OHS. With the release of the Open info, I started thinking about how I am challenged by OHSs and want to get comfortable with them....even if I never learn to enjoy them.
I spent some time doing some progression warm ups, including snatch drills.
Then I did 5x4sets of OHS:
I always start low because I usually can't get very far. Today they felt great. It's also the first time I did them in lifting shoes, which I think made a big difference.
1: 45
2: 55
3: 65
4: 75...no, wait...80 :)
So they all felt pretty good. When I initially picked up the 75, it felt very uneven, but I thought it was just me. I did the liftx5, then when I was going to add more, I burst out laughing to see I had left a 5# plate on the left side of the bar...so I lifted 80#..must have looked pretty cockeyed!!
I put on 85# and got 2, but lost the bar forward on the 3rd.
Just really happy with this. I feel more positive about OHSs after today. I just want to know that should they come up in the Opens, which they likely will as they were not in last year, nor were they in the Games, that I can at least feel like I can get some wt up, even if not really heavy!
Glad I worked on these today.
No comments:
Post a Comment