I took four classes through warm up and post-WOD stretches and I was still pretty tight.
I had just a couple winks of sleep last night. There are always 3-4 nights like last night around this time of year. I'll be up late working on a project then I can't *come down*...especially when I know that alarm is going to go off at 4am because I have a 6am to coach. Add the snow, and I went to bed making sure I had a good enough warm up for my athletes for the day, making sure the alarm clock was far enough away so I wouldn't accidentally turn it off, making lists for the remainder of what needs to get done within the next couple of days. Yeah, just a couple winks.
I tried to be extra vigilant yesterday with my water in take because of my blood donation on Sat. I think that's also why I felt insatiably hungry...I was mostly just thirsty, which I know is often the case when we feel hungry.
Today:
I did some warm up sets of FSs with an empty bar. I feel like my squat is getting better and more consistently lower. What do you think Coach?
10 mins DU work: I did some singles work for speed and regrouping. I managed 3 sets of 10 UB DUs, but even though it's programmed for 10 sets, I just can't beat myself up over my ongoing, but I know temporary lack of DU mojo. All I can ask of myself is to keep at it.
A1) 20 walking lunges w/ 75# front rack BB
A2) 12 PUs x 3
This was 10# more than last week. I had to stop at the top of each lunge, albeit briefly, so make sure I was balanced with this weight before going into the next one. Altho the weight felt heavy, it was more because of the constancy of it on my shoulder shelf.
I broke up all three sets of PUs into 8-4 rather than missing a rep. They felt pretty strong. My plank is not a problem on PUs.
I videoed the last rd but after three tries, I keep getting message saying it won't publish to YouTube. I'll try again, but otherwise, I have it for when I see you Coach. You can take a gander at it if you want.
(I timed these last week, but didn't this week.)
then:
5 min AMRAP of:
5 65# thrusters and 5 PLUs
6+5
I practiced a faster push off the bar before this workout and could feel what I was supposed to do. It felt like it translated to some of the PLUs here. Unfortunately, it changed my grip reaction so as you can see, I actually kind of fell off the bar on a couple rds, doing the sets of 5 in 3-2.
Thrusters are just hard, no matter what! With "just" 5 at a time, they felt less daunting than, say, a 21-15-9 scheme. ;)
I'm sure I could have cycled through this faster....a little faster anyway!
What I really notice in all these videos I've been having to do is how fidgety I am. I'm always yanking up my pants during transitions, pulling down my shirt....etc. I am going to consciously work on NOT being so fidgety, knowing that I can tug and pull after the workout!Off to volunteer with a bunch of Beacon Peeps tonight at the Boys and Girls Club. We've done a fund raiser for them and are going to go workout with some of the young kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment