I enjoy rowing. Really.
I just know that there are all sorts of ways to make it suck more...like today. :)
row 30 sec @ 2:00 min pace
row 30 sec @ 2:15 min pace
x 10
~~rest 5 min
repeat
1: 2361m
The "recovery" 30 seconds were harder to maintain the pace. I had to work to keep it at 2:15 and avoid it going to 2:20.
~~rest 5 min...I didn't really feel ready to go after just 5 min but....:)
2: 2252m
I kept up the rds pace through 3 1/2 rds, then it just became h a r d!
The "work" pace was maintained pretty close, but the "recovery" pace was def hard to keep down to 2:15.
This pacing was interesting. In comparison to just being told to 'row 10 mins', the rds protocol made the 10 min go by quicker...if that's even possible.
What's also interesting, however, is that the last time I rowed 10 min (9/14), my accrued meters landed right between these two, and it was at an "easy pace".
I know on that, or on the 20 min rows that I do, I pace it by breaking down the minutes I am at a certain pace, then reduce, etc.
Anyway, just noted.
With today's protocol, however, I was definitely more winded afterward, which I KNOW will be great to keep up my cardio, especially over the winter months.
No comments:
Post a Comment