Wednesday, December 19, 2012

pieced together and a triplet

Yesterday (tues) was a bit of an odd day.
I felt like crap in the morn...felt like, and still feel like I might be getting a cold. Sore throat, a little foggy-headed, but sleep will help!  So yesterday I managed to get a pieced together workout at home, then coached, came home, did some Christmas stuff, back to coach two more classes, then off to *represent* at a Lulu gathering.

I basically came up with a few movements to get in something, even though I wasn't really feeling like doing anything.
A)5 rds: 25 jumping jacks then a 1 min plank hold
I was using the minute hand on the clock in my den and got lost as to the true time.
Going back and forth from quick breathing to the plank hold was kind of hard the first couple rounds. My throat just felt so dry... I managed to hold the plank on all of the holds.
B)DB ext rots: I used the 10# for this. 10x each side x 3
Then I did a lot of mobility, spending a lot of time on my foam roller. 
Just enough today...for me anyway. ;)

Back to some DU practice today.
A) 10 min on DUs- shooting for 10 sets of 10 UB
So, I decided to go back to the heavier rope that I started on. I really need to stay at 'square one' for a little while.  I actually got 1 set UB and decided to go back to  1DU/2singles, doing 40 DUs, then 25.  I wanted to have a relaxed, successful rope day today. 

B) 10 DL @ 155# AFAP
     sprint length of gym (approx 25m)
     sled push back
     x 5
Below are the times/rd and the vids from rds 2 and 5. (just forgot to tape 1st rd)
I started slow with the DLs on rd 1.
The rest of the rounds felt even. The runs are good for me...and by that I mean it's a good idea to keep shuttle runs in my programming. I've added them a couple times and warm up with them once in a while instead of the row.
**I look like a frickin' slow old lady when I run! hahaha

I looked like I was losing my shoulder set on many of the TnG resets. Overall, these felt good. Dropping the bar after the 10th and then turning to run was always a moment of giggle because my hammies needed to calm down a little.

Having to push the sled back during my *rest* was totally disgusting! hahaha  My breathing was pretty heavy after each attempt and I found that I really needed the entire 3min to recover pretty well. 
In fact, I found this to be more of a cardio than strength workout.
2nd rd

5th rd
Rest day tomorrow. I plan on doing some more mobility.
I plan on getting some extra sleep, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment