Saturday, December 8, 2012

row row

After a good day off on Thurs, with some successful Foundations for new members and relaxing time, Friday's WOD was surprisingly "light"....but I am not complaining! ;)

Fri:
row 45sec @ 2:00 pace
row 1:15 sec @ 2:30 pace
x5
~rest 5 mins
x2

1: 2218m 
Trying to keep the pace at or close to 2:30 was tough.  That's slow, so I had to just keep telling myself "don't waste this recovery"!
My butt started yelling at me about 7 1/2 min so I did a little switching of the leg position, but "butterflying" my legs out for a few strokes, then back to regular positioning.

2: 2226m
Same as above.  The 2:00 pace was easier to maintain on both. Butt started screaming again so I shifted my leg position a little.

Breaking up the rowing into "sets" is awesome.  We break up everything else in CrossFit, why not rowing? The 10 minutes went by so fast!

Saturday is my call. We had a team WOD today I was happy to be able to do.
The WOD was: 24min AMRAP
teams of four with three wking/one resting
wallballs 15 to 9'target
calorie row
kettlebell swings 35#
~rotate stations every 2min

This was awesome. 
We all worked for 18 min, with 6min (3rds each) on each station.
I used the 35# KB because it was a team and the other female was using that too.  (I will always use the 44# when it's just my own program!)
I am not exactly sure what I got on each of my own three rds as we all wrote our reps on the same whiteboard, but I know I was over 40 the first rd then around mid-30's the second two rds. I broke up each rd, with the first 2rds being fairly large sets (my first set was 25) and the last rd were smaller. I tried to keep my right grip in a hook position, which helped.
The row was a gasser even though it was my "break".  I didn't get as many cals as I thought I would, but I managed around mid-20's each rd I believe.
Wallballs are always hard. I am always concentrating on my depth lately, and I think that was good.  My rds on these were low 40's, low 30's, mid 30's.  WBs are just difficult to maintain! My first rd had larger sets than my next two. I tried to do sets of 5 in the last rd, take a couple breaths, then back to a set of 5, but I air'd it a couple times and was just gassed, so the last rd was very broken up after the first 10!
I PRd on my rest! :) haha

I was coaching the Free Class right after so I didn't have time to stretch post-WOD.  Mobility is in my evening plans for sure as I can already feel some stiffness coming on.

This was a really good week of training for me mentally.
I know I have some distance to go still to get back to where I was late last summer, but I don't feel any real physical issues are lingering at this point that would prevent me from getting there. My grip is what it is and I'm learning how to work with it being slightly weakened. Hugely grateful for that and for my renewed mindset!



No comments:

Post a Comment