Tuesday, September 4, 2012

skillz

I travelled to Craic today for a 1on1 with my coach, John.  He had me working on snatches, with many sets of skill-wt reps (meaning light).  I never went higher than 65#, which for me is pretty close to my max on those anyway.  It's the end portion (the OHS) that is a particular goat...that and the fact that I have lots of honing on my technique to do. :)

*maintain a better, more consistent back angle on the rise
*be mindful of where my chest is in relation to the bar
*leaning back on the shrug to be out of the way of the bar
*heals down and grounded as long as possible for full power

(i didn't write those all down right after my 1on1 so i hope i remembered everything...)

I was also able to have him critique the video of my PCs from last week and he gave me a cue I had never heard before...the catch should have hands in the same loose bar grip as a regular FS.  I had only ever heard/learned/done that the elbows were to be in the same position as the FS.  I'm excited to start working on that!

This was the first ever 1on1 that I've had.  I've gotten cues here and there from fellow coaches that have been really helpful, but to have a whole hour of your entire movement analyzed was awesome.  I loved it, learned a ton, and can't wait to see videoed improvement in the future!

I did some mobility work at home tonight and plan on doing a lot more tomorrow before I have to do my workout....lots more lifting tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment