This week has been screwy.
Today is the last day of this first training month. I was really looking forward to doing "Grace".
Getting into the WOD:
A) 1rm C&J
I love this lift. Love it. Unfortunately, I got to 115# clean and couldn't jerk it. It wasn't too heavy, my left arm has been a little sore. I overdid last week when it began feeling challenged. Even rested, it hurt and therefore felt weak, so I had to ditch.
I dropped back down to 95# to see if I had that in my for "Grace" but it was a no go on the jerk. Split felt better, but when I do 'Grace' again, it's got to be with all I've got.
B)Talked about the reason for cancelling "Grace" today.
~Ended up doing Beacon's WOD today since this will be the last day I WOD for at least a week. Then it's back altered and/or slowly. Surgery on the arm tomorrow.
C1) BS 5-5-5
got to 145#x5 Had I known this matched my old 5rep pr, I would have gone up. I felt great doing this. Also spread out my hands to a wider grip to avoid pain in my arm and I actually liked it much better! Discovery from necessity!
C2) the MetCon: 5 rds FT
200m run
10 FSs @ 65#
15 DUs
RX was 75#, but I wanted to maintain good form throughout, so I dropped 10# to keep my arm out of harms way....
DUs were u.g.l.y on rds 1 + 5.
I goofed up at 14 on the other three. Eyeroll here!
10:35 Hindsight is wishing I had gone that RX after all, but...
Will be taking a few days off from training so not sure when I'll be back to this!
No comments:
Post a Comment