Friday, September 7, 2012

double shot

Yesterday I took a yoga class.  AWEsome instructor and great hour outside by the ocean.
I learned my core is really strong, my hips are very tight, and my mind is still open to *aha* moments...even if they make me cry...OIY!

Today was back to strength.

A) BS @33x1, 5x5 : 95#
I wasn't sure what wt to use as I have not done this before.  This seemed a good choice for this first time, even though it's well below my 1rm. The last two sets were pretty challenging on the explosive rise after having hung out at the bottom for 3 secs.  Next time I'll go heavier, but not much.

B)SP 4-4-4-4-4
65-70-75(3+5or6 sec hold, then last one)-72.5(last one was barely a t&g)-72.5(only 3)
I try to watch my back. Kept tight throughout, but just couldn't go higher.

{On all my weight work, I'm feeling a little frustrated because I'm feeling so far from my maxes.  I'm feeling pretty fatigued, not sure if it's all the shoulder-biased work, or not getting enough sleep, or both.  I'm anxiously awaiting the shift, which I know will occur.}

C) FT: 18-16-14-12-10 WBs & 20 DUs btwn each set  (15# WB to 9' target)
~~4:58
18 (19, oops, ub)-16ub-14(6+8)-12(6+6)-10ub
DUs: rd 1-(19+1)-rd 2(approx. 3+10+7)-rd 3(20ub)-rd 4(19+1)
I felt my breath change to more labored during into the 14 WBs, hence the drop.
I've been finding WBs challenging lately.  My DUs are there, it's just getting rid of the flubs. I'm still working on starting right into the DUs rather than taking a couple of single jumps first...not happening yet.

rested 5 hours

D) 10min row: 2253m
I maintained a 2:10-2:15 pace, mostly on the lower side.
     10min run: 1mile+about 100m
Running is so mental with me.  It'll be good to start getting to *the other side* of that.
Not really much to say with either of those.  I don't mind rowing and I ran because I knew I had to.  Really. I know that the only remedy for running is running!

I was much better about making sure I had a snack with my protein shake after my first WOD sequence and then had a salad about an hour before the afternoon WOD.  I was thinking on the run that it made a difference.

A side note on my squat: I tend to squat with my feet positioned unevenly.  I played around with it and found that if I start with right toes just about 1/2"-1" back from my left foot, my squat felt better in my hips.  I realize this is NOT ideal, but I'm trying to find what works best for my body under load.


No comments:

Post a Comment