Monday, November 5, 2012

functional and functioning

As suspected, I didn't get to a WOD on Sat, hence the double on Fri.
I planned to be home early enough to WOD, but got a flat on the way home.
Interesting functional moment during the fixing of the flat:
I was close enough to the kids' house still, so they came to help. Nikkii and I both tried to loosen the tire bolts by pushing down on them. Neither of us could budge them.  Then Nikkii repositioned the wrench so she could take a "deadlift" try and BAM, it loosened.
SOO interesting to see the legs in action and how functional that deadlift is. :)

Sunday:
A)PUs: 5x8 had to drop to knees after set 2//concentrated on my elbows close in and shoulders in a good position

B) loop run (2.4mi) not for time

C)DB ext. rotations 10x3 @ 10#
First time I did this I think I rotated too far so I didn't stay in the right position.
At 10#, this felt better. This def feels like it'll be a great delt strengthener.

Monday:
A) BS 6-6-6-6 w/3sec hold in hole
95-105-105-105 I stayed at 105, but in hindsight I could have continued to go up. The holds were hard by the last rep, but not undoable.
Videos are of the 2nd set and the 4th set.
I was deeper in the last set. Interestingly, I could see my shoulder issues by the end of the sets. My right elbow stayed much higher.

 
B) 10 sets of 2 UB PLUs for time.


I don't really get how to time these because 2 UB's is about my limit! I did 2 sets of underhanded then couldn't even get one full overhanded. I did hang strength work like last time.
After this, I took about 5 min break then worked on a few sets of 2kipping PLUs. I'm going to add these to my WODs because I really feel the need to work on these in order to gain back my kipping mojo. I know that seems backward that I feel I can get stronger with kipping rather than strict, but that was how it worked for me before so I'm hoping it'll happen again. I also feel it challenges my grip better in a good way, which I need.

C1)FS 8-8-8
C2)PLUs strict blue band 8-8-8
I went right from FS to PLU then rested 1 min...not quite the protocol. I'll get it right next time.
As evidenced in the video, I think I need to challenge myself *down* to a red band since I got through all three sets UB.
Again, I should have gone a little heavier on the FS.
Observe the headless CrossFitter!
Funny how doofusie I look missing the band the first time. haha

D) DB ext rotations 10-12x3 w/1min rest between
Again, I did 10# and kept it at 10 reps as that was challenging on the last few reps of each side/set.

Been trying to sleep more and have been much better about that pesky choc almond habit. Just had two the last couple days.  I'm ready to *be in a different place*!

No comments:

Post a Comment