Today's workout ABCD was an interesting mix of mvmts...awesome.
Mondays are a little tough to get good solid chunk of time to workout in so I don't have to stay too late at Beacon. Consequently, I don't always spend an appropriate amount of time warming up...at least for me. Today was no different. So what happens is that I start a little slow, then things get 'better' as my body warms up more. I am going to work on this though. I know I benefit from more warm up.
I have also been realizing that I need to stay focused on what I am actually DOING! I don't mean during the workout, but rather overall. I want to utilize my coach's knowledge combined with my own desire to get better. I have to admit that what throws me a bit is that I have no one I can compare to but myself from week to week. That leaves me feeling a bit in the dark, even though I can of course measure my own progress on strength from week to week. It's just still such a different mindset for me. It's something I have to keep a check on! Weird, I know.
ANYway, today:
A1) FS 10-12
A2) ring rows 10-12 (feet elevated so body parallel with floor)
1: 13 @ 75 + 9-1
2: 12 @ 85 + 7-3
3: 9 @ 105 + 7-3
4: 11 @ 100 + 3-4-3
I thought I would "choose" to keep the FSs light-ish so I could work on my squat, but as can be seen,it didn't really end up being a choice. I had to drop wt as it felt heavy. I felt like I was getting good depth and keeping form, the rise was just tough.
The ring rows were all broken. Wanting to keep a tight plank, I had to regroup on all the sets. The 4th set I was just tired!
B1)15 gob squats w/ 44# KB
B2)7 kipping PLUs
1: UB + 2-3-2 (this surprised the shit out of me! my grip was totally lacking and I felt a little weak on the PLUs as well)
2: UB + 4-3
3: UB + 2-2-3 (had to regrip, but on the first break, did it on the bar)
4: UB + 4-3
The gob squats were not easy, but not hard to do. But yeah, the PLUs need more focus! Frustrated me a bit.
C) DB ext rot 10-12 x 3
I am still on the 10# for all of these. I feel like going up yet would decrease my range of motion on these.
D) hanging knee raise accumulate 2 mins
It took me 3:26 to accumulate 2 mins. This was hard as I just felt like I had no grip left.
Much harder doing these than just hanging!! I kept my knees as high as possible...pretty sure they were waist and above. This will be a great test for me to continue doing!
No comments:
Post a Comment