Tuesday, November 6, 2012

double time

WODded the Beacon WOD today.
I didn't do the PS strength work today, but did some warmup with the bar and some squatting,etc.
Double AMRAP:
5 min of: 6 PC @ 75# and 12 air squats
~2 min rest
5 min of: T2B and ball slams (15#)
6+6 / 4+1
I decided that the only way to work my grip was to actually work my grip!
SO happy that I got through the T2B. I did everything UB except for the T2B, which I did in sets of 3/3, 3/3, 3/3, 2/no rep/2/1/no rep/1, 1final
I was a little fatigued so didn't have as much help to initiate much pull the last set so I had a couple of failed attempts when I no repped myself. ;)

*Added thought, my PCs felt good on most. When I felt myself clearly pulling instead of using my hip explosion, I corrected myself on the next immediate clean. And I also had great success with the hand release on my shoulder shelf back to hook grip so all the touch 'n go lifts were smooth.  Knowing how to execute that transition was such a huge help!

Great workout. Enjoyed the couplets very much. 

Daughter and granddaughter visiting for a couple days. I'm going to hit up tomorrow's workout right in my garage!

No comments:

Post a Comment