Monday, October 29, 2012

Sandy eve

A couple days of "other" activity...golfing on Sat afternoon. 
Sunday was an all day affair hanging with "my" Beacon athletes who were participating in the Maine's Fittest Games. Four of the five had never competed in CrossFit before, so it as really fun seeing them realize how much fun it is.

Today...as Hurricane Sandy started roiling up the waters around Portland, I got to my workouts in a couple different segments.
Today was one of those days that beat me down a little.  No biggie. Just a day that smacked my in the face how my upper body has a way to go still. But it's coming!!

A) BS 8-8-8-8
85-95-105-110
I kept it at lower wts, but I think I'll start going a little heavier again, if my squats "pass".
They felt good actually.  I felt rooted and deeper.  My feet seem to naturally still start "off line" with one another on my squat. It feels good, but I'm sure it means hip inflexibility.  I'm continuing to work on mobility. 
I need to warm up a little longer than I did today.
B) 10x2 UB strict PLUs for time
First, I forgot to time this.  I will try it again, but:
1 and 2 UB. Each set had one overhand/one underhand PLU.
That was the end of my unassisted PLUs today. I was happy I got any today!
Since I couldn't do more, instead, I did the remaining 8 sets by doing two sets of 10 second hangs, shoulders engaged for slight pull up, the reengage, etc.

C1) FS 10-10-10
C2) bluebanded strict PLUs 10-10-10
Wasn't sure if I was supposed to time this. I didn't. And I also didn't take much time between the couplets.
FS @ 95#
PLUs 1+2: two sets 5, 3:4+3+3

D) I did this at home. I do these with a band on the PLU bars at Beacon sometimes too.
Anyway, I thought I'd use the 15#DB and could barely pick the damn thing up. haha
So I went to the 10#. I couldn't get full rotation.
Landed on the 5# for the first time so I could get complete rotation.  This wll be an awesomely measurable little drill for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment