.....how about an update every two weeks instead of twice a week? hahaha
Like every habit, I'll need to get back to this. I like having a reason to take and post vids so I can look back.
Highlighting the last couple weeks:
I won't go into the regular MetCons. I will only say that before every one I am shortchanging my ability. I think it's been so long since I had any times to compare mine with that I get really nervous that I am going to be last every time! Each time I have been surprised and pleased that I've done better than I expected. This bundle of nerves I feel before WODs is good...makes me aware.
I also realize how much I learned from my 'coached' year, both about my growth and about my ability to read myself during a WOD. And my breathing. So Aware Of My Breathing! I definitely feel I matured as an athlete!
Split jerk: tied my 135# PR. I'll get there....got to keep my elbows up and head back on my initial dip.
Bear Complex: this was pretty cool. I like having just strength days. I was hoping to get to 70-80# but my wrists were completely gassed after my set of 65# so I called it good at 4 rounds. I've never done that before and afterward all I wanted to do was do it again, but I didn't. I will someday again!
3 Position Clean: I really liked this one.
1full clean
1 low hang
1 high hang
all at same wt....then increase
105#....I failed on the high hang at 115#..... I was close, but it got in front of me.
The progression of these lifts helped me feel more confident in my full squat catch.
~~the MetCon after this was the ol' DL/BoxJ couplet:
8min AMRAP
5 DL @ 50% of 1RM = 135# ( a couple # higher)
10 box Js 20"
9+11
Mega Back Squat Sets: These were pretty awesome.
15x3 - 85/105/120#
The last few reps at 120 were pretty tough, but I could have gone a little higher.
This strength component of the WOD had me realizing that I am used to taking a little more time for strength work than that which is allotted for in a class. It's okay, I just have to get used to having less time. For strength work that I really want to focus on, I'll just do on my own.
Turkish Get Ups: I kind of weenied out on these and stopped at 18# left/26#right (using KBs). I'm sure I could have done more with my right, but man, I tried the 26# with my left and could barely get it up. Clearly I need to do more bilateral exercises!
"Randy" (today, after an alt 10min EMOM of: heavy Russian KB swings @ 53# and tire flips)
75 PS @ 55#
6:50
I thought in terms of 5s while doing this, but by breaks were actually at:
15-10-5-10-10-10-10-5
Now that I've done this one, of course I want to do it again! :)
Some rowing intervals and other regular MetCons not in here. I continue to use the 16# WB (and went to the 10' target by mistake the other day!! haha), I usually swing the 44# bell, and have added in some strict PLUs/kipping/T2B/C2B.
I'm still having some grip strength issues. I demoed rope climbs a few days ago and it's alarming at how weak my grip feels. Gotta try chalk on the rope. Chalk is magic!
Pic is of my DL PR @ 265#...
It's all in the neck muscles. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment