Tuesday, August 13, 2013

really...

Now that my year of having a coach who needs to see my daily log has come to an end, this is hard to keep up!  Being able to reference it is good though. Updating it 1-2x/wk is my goal.

This week is the first week since the Games (three weeks back?) that I really feel back to normal physically and therefore am having an easier time mentally wrapping my head around WODding.
Up to now I've done a few classes and some extra wt work.
Later this week I have some stuff going on that will require me to take a couple days off again, so I'm happy to be WANTING to WOD everyday this week!

Have purposely chosen WODs or work on my own with running. I'm actually disappointed that we are on the 'downslope' to winter, which translates to less running. Going to try to keep it up at some level.  I'd like to participate in a couple more 5Ks next year. :)

I miss lifting the heavy wts that I had been lifting, so I'm going to keep some extra work up on that. It's made me stronger in all other areas, and I really love that feeling.

FSx3: vid clearly shows I need to concentrate on my elbows!
140x3 was a PR for 3s. My 1RM is 175#, so I would love to surpass that.
Depth was good. "Hole Holds" are on my plan to continue. They really helped!
 
DLd yesterday. 265# PR (by 10#)
One of the coaches said my form was right on, which was good to hear. I def had more in me, but it was during class and I was out of time. I could have thrown on another 5# and gotten it up quickly, but I know that's when shit can go terribly wrong, so why chance that for my greed?! :)
I'm seeing 300# on my radar!
After the DL, short and awesome MetCon:
4min on clock:
500m row, then AMRAP running singles in remaining time
score is running singles
my 500 was 1:50, just 3sec over my PR.
score was a disappointing 212. Initially off the rower, I tripped up a lot! Enjoyed the workout though!

No comments:

Post a Comment