Tuesday, April 2, 2013

skip to Tues

I took yesterday off, not so much because of soreness, but I felt pretty fatigued.  Just some recovery rowing to keep my body loose.

I altered today's programmed workout John suggested for me because the original one had a little too much pulling in it.  My grip needs rest, especially seeing as everyone suspects PLUs or C2Bs for 13.5.

I warmed up with a couple 500m rows.  These felt really easy today, even as warm up.  My pace was around 1:56....for warm up.  Anyway. We'll see how I do on the rows tomorrow.
Then some shoulder mobility, some ext rots with the bands on the rig posts, then squat work.

The original workout was:
5C&Js
7PUs
7PLUs
x5
I switched it to:
5 FS
7 PUs
2 PLUs/1C2B
x5
85-95-105-105-115
1/4/5 sets of PUs UB --2/3 sets 5+2
1-5 PLUs/C2B UB ;)
If felt good to get some squats in. I haven't really done any, I don't think, since the Open started.
The PUs felt good. I'm feeling strong on those technically...strong shoulder support, elbows close to my body.  It's amazing how that's so hard to do at first, then they just get "easier" that way. 
Huh, funny thing about technique! haha
Didn't want to do too much OH pulling, but wanted to get just enough in as practice today.

Nervous about this last WOD, 13.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment