Tuesday, April 16, 2013

rest x 3

Last WOD day was Fri.
I thought I'd be WODding Mon (yesterday) as that was my old schedule, so I decided to take off the weekend.  Anyway, my new off days are now Mon/Fri.  Okay, so after three days, I was ready to workout today.  :)

Todays program:
A) Deadlift 3-2-1-3-2-1-3-2-1
165-175-185-175-185-195-(vid-> 185-195-205)
I didn't used to care for DLs, but now I really like them.  Getting used to that heavy pull really gets your first clean or snatch pull feeling easier as it's so much lighter (for me anyway!).
Today, I could really feel my lats firing up on the DLs, too, which I hadn't experienced before.  Not sure if i just wasn't tight enough. Nothing hurt, just noticed it each time after I put the barbell down.
Reviewing the vid, I def bent my knees too far fwd on the reset down. That barbell path was def not straight! :/
 
I'm happy I went kind of heavy.  I have had a tendency to come up a little short on weight.  Worst thing that would happen would be a fail at a lift....big deal! At least I could say I pushed my self.  That's my mindset.  Stop being uncertain about wts and just do them...experiment with heavy for the sake of a better workout, but of course, not at the expense of my form!

+ 500m row, all out
then right into 2min AMRAP of: 115# PCs
1:49 on the row (2sec short of my PR)...GASSED! haha
7 PCs, none of which was very pretty
~~I missed the first lift, then regrouped to finish out the 2min.  I struggled. This wt is only 10# shy of my clean. 

I felt good to get through it all.  It felt good to lift!

After about 20 min, I did my 30 burpees for the day for the "no reason burpee challenge".  :)

 
I have been eating a little erratically lately. Nothing "bad", just not always the best choices and at odd times.  Beacon is doing another challenge soon and I think it's perfect timing!

No comments:

Post a Comment