Been really time constrained at night....
Tues night Laurence and I had a little r and r dinner cruise with a friend on his boat and one other couple. Just a beautiful night, and relaxing. Got home too late to post. Last night I worked late...so no post last night either. :)
Tues: 3 rds, EACH for time, 3min rest betwn each one:
400m run
21 KBs @ 35#
12 PLUs
1=3:46
2=4:00
3=3:54
Not really sure how this translates to my regular Helen time.
Can't believe I ripped...after the second rd of PLUs.
Mid left hand...what that tells me is I grip for dearlife with my left hand to compensate for my weak right hand grip.
Whatever... I've had to learn to deal with this since my Sept surgery. I can't say it doesn't bother me that I can no longer do my "old usual" of 6-10 rep sets of PLUs. Now, tired or not, I really rarely go past 4, and 3s and 2s are more normal. It's def an inhibiting factor this year.
The times add up to just 3sec slower than my Helen PR, so I guess it's not horrible, but I wanted much better.
My KB swings felt great. All UB and easy. I even did 22 on the first round by mistake!
Runs were all around 2:06.
Wed: I have vids, but they take too long to splice and post. I'll do it another time...or just show my coach on the way to CA. ;)
A) snatch and C&J technique
5x1 same wt/perfect reps
Snatch: 2 x 75 /2 x 85/ then back down to 2 x 75
I feel like I need to perfect my set position. I need to learn to drop my hips so I have more time to drive upward with bent knee. Always something to work on!
C&J: 1x 95/ 4x 110
My cleans were okay. Getting a little too straight legged on these too. My last jerk was the best.
B) FS 5 x 3 at same wt.
I did some squat 'holds' first with the empty bar and a little wt.
Then did the working sets @ 110.
Felt good to squat.
Thurs:
mobility and easy pace 10min row
I put the screen down and just set the phone on my timer. I didn't want to go by numbers, but by feel.
My end result was 2414m
The last pace on the screen was 2:16.
Two more programmed workouts then CA!

No comments:
Post a Comment