Sunday, May 12, 2013

pressing issue

Getting to the gym in time to get my workout done before the 8:15 class has been working well.  It gives me the option to get out of the gym earlier in the day. :)

Sat:
A) PJ 5x10
55--75--85--95 (had to rerack after 5, then 5more)--95 again (no rerack)
B) PP 5x8
55 @ 10--65 @ 10--75 @ 10 (oops on those three!)--80--85
C) SP 5x5
55--60--65--70--75
The PJs felt very heavy.  I also got more 'winded' on these than the PP or SP.  PP and SP much 'easier'.  I noticed on the PPs and SPs that I had to really concentrate on fully pressing out my right arm.  I don't know why. My shoulders felt good, my arm didn't hurt. Just odd.
After my SPs, I decided to try to find my 1rep max since it was my last lift.
I tied my 90# PR, then tried 92.5, but just couldn't get it up. Good thing is, I haven't gotten close to that for a while, so I was still pretty happy.
+
1K row ~~ rest 3min ~~ 1K row
4:05.4   and   4:09
These were mentally tough as well as physically tough.  I was so winded after the first one I didn't think I'd have anything left after just a 3min rest!

Sun:
5rds FT:
400m run ~~  30 air squats
16:34
For having runs in it, I was looking forward to this. Kind of nice to have a workout once in a while without the barbell.  Basic movement.  Trying to be more aware of my running form too, so that's hard enough to concentrate on!
Then when I woke up and it was raining, I was actually doubly ready. I know I need to workout outside in all sorts of weather, so it's good when I have to WOD outside!
If I had gotten going earlier, I would have gone to the track. But no, did this on the road outside my house. 
So, the running in the rain, I literally slogged through them.  Squats were usually 20, quick pause, then 10. 

I'm really enjoying my programming. I'm seeing progress and understanding the rhythm of my week. Thanks Coach John!!

No comments:

Post a Comment