I got back to my true program today. Felt happy to be back on track.
I set the timer and began my WOD:
A: work to 1rm PC in 8 mins
118# today (not a pr)
This felt heavy, altho my PC pr is 125#.
(I have two vids of my 103# and 118#, but they saved to my comp upside-down...I think I'm gonna need a tutorial from my coach on how to avoid that...or figure out my youtube.. but I'm a quick study! :P )
--rest 2 mins
B: 8 min AMRAP @ 90% of A
32 reps @ 106#
I tried the first two t&g thinking that might work in sets of five but had to end up dropping and resetting each lift. I did 5 in each of the first 4 minutes with time to spare so I rested. Then I felt like I wanted to keep that up but each reset got longer because I had to psych myself up to lift it again so the next 12 took the remaining 4 minutes. My head was making it harder than my body could handle.
This was the first time I wore lifting shoes. I wore the ones I was given from Reebok at the Games. I'm not sure they made a difference today, but I was told to keep wearing them for lifting for a while and I should start noticing a difference. (I'm pretty hesitant/resistent to using too many 'accessories'....just am, but I'll try these out.)
I know I was just supposed to do the Oly lifting today, but Beacon had "Annie" programmed so after coaching two classes and watching everyone do it, I really wanted to do it too. I also figured that since tomorrow is a rest day, I'd be okay. After about a 30 min rest and ticking time 'til I had the noon class, I decided to go for it.
"Annie"
50-40-30-20-10
DUs // sit ups
7:40 pr :)
I messed up about 6x on the 50, 2x on the 40, 30 ub, 1x on the 20 ( at 18...arrr) and 10ub.
Sit ups are pretty fast for me. I know each time I'll be able to take more seconds off as I get even better at the DUs!
No comments:
Post a Comment