Thursday, August 23, 2012

8/13-it begins...

8/13/12
And so it began. Normally I don't like to be told what to do, but for this, I don't mind!

Today was a four-parter.
A: I did 4 sets of 8 FSs, increasing wt each set: 85#~100#~110#~120#. I probably should have warmed up my hip flexors more, but I did okay. The 120# was tough, especially 5-8.
B: Wt'd negative PLUs 5x5 had my badass self on parade...I had to drop from 12# to 9# after thefirst set. I know, who could compete with THOSE numbers! haha The tempo was a great challenge, particularly the 1sec hold at the top!
C: Wt'd negative bar dips 5x5 seemed easier than the neg PLUs but I still had to drop from 9# to 5# after set 2.
D: This one was kind of funny. I had to do 4 UB kipping PLUs EMOM until failure. Well, I didn't fail, but rather I had to stop on minute 35 (that's 140 PLUs). I seriously thought while I was doing the negative work with PLUs and dips that my arms/shoulders would be spent so that I would be lucky to get to 10-15 mins. So, I had to stop because a) my hands had started to rip a bit around minute 28 so they were becoming a little issue; b) my 4:30 class was starting to arrive (it was about 4:15 at this point ); c) I had JUST begun to feel as though I might actually see a failure but I only mean by that, I was getting tired but still had more good minutes in me! So yeah, I pretty much had to get ready to coach the 4:30. I clearly thought I had left enough time for me to complete my WOD!

It's amazing how adding hip action changes everything! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment