:) Been off the train to gain grid, but not because I'm not WODding. My tough training ended and as I think I mentioned, it also ended my need to be posting regularly for my coach.
ANYway, I thought I'd update.
My weeks are spent WODding with classes most days at Beacon. Love the class energy!
I've had some PRs:
PP 120#
DL 265#
BS 195#
HSPU...check! (one or two strict, but can kip more)
I won my age division in a competition at CF New England Masters Comp in Oct. It was really fun to see so many people I hadn't seen in a while. I also had the joy of introducing a new CrossFit Beacon Master member to his first CF competition. He did awesome. We were going to partner up for a fundraiser comp in a couple weeks, but he injured his rotator cuff so he'll be on the comeback trail after his surgery. Just a bump in the road!
I'll be teaming up at the comp with a fellow CFer whom I've known for years as we both started at the same time in the same gym.
I've signed up to do a team comp in Feb with another friend I've known for years also.
I'm enjoying having these 'smaller' goals to train for and not feel so much pressure. For me, they are for fun and camaraderie, that's it. I'm thankful I decided to bypass the goal of making the Games again this year. The training time and financial outlay are two big commitments that I wanted a break from this year. Instead, as I mentioned, I am enjoying local comps here and there, and have just begun swimming again as I want to swim the 2.5mile Peaks To Portland this summer. I've been wanting to do this for years! JUST DO IT!! :)
One huge take-away I've had with my 'reduced' training time is that I miss having harder training days...a couple days a week. :) I also have realized via results of a couple of WODs recently that I really need to keep up the strength work.
Lift heavy more often.
That is a 'perishable' factor in CrossFit. Plus, it helps my grip immensely.
Fact is, my grip, with the numbness in my two middle fingers, will forever be one of those things that I have to deal with, and we all have things we have to work around. No biggie. But shame on me if I don't continue to do the best I can for it!
It's been an interesting fall season, going from feeling pretty 'lost' with no focus to now, feeling very happy just to keep dangling varied goals in front of myself.
Pretty much, I just love to continue feeling strong. I mean, who wouldn't?! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment