Mon and Tues I did some rowing and mobility to keep moving.
Tues I did three easy paced 750m just. I did a few light bar snatch drills to shake the sour taste out of my mouth from 13.1. :)
Wed:
A) SC 3-3-3-3-3
75#-85#-95#-105#-115#
These felt good today. Considering I was struggling with 95# SC just a couple-three weeks ago, and my max PC is 125#, which was always easier than the SC for me, I was really happy with the 115#.
My first two felt better than the third (as evidenced in the vid), but yeah, I'll take it.
My goals after the Open are to start pushing myself more with the wts. I feel I've been a little timid with them.
The vid is of 1st/3rd/5th sets.
B) 5x2 PLU FT/rest/x 5
C) rowing sprints
So, this day of coaching included lots of PLU progressions in the day's WOD, so I was demoing negatives, kipping, and CtB all morning. I was also demoing lots of kipping progressions, so my grip was kind of shot before I got to my program.
Was going to row, and a mom and daughter came in and I took them through an unanticipated Intro, including the Baseline.
Excuses for my DNF Wed program , perhaps, but real to me.
Not knowing what was coming for 13.2, I honestly didn't want to overtax my grip in case it was T2B.
SO, I still feel like I got a great day of skill and movement between the SC warm-up and work, and all the skill demoing I did.
Thurs I did 13.2.
No stopping, and at 55# for my age group, nothing got too heavy...even though I was tired for the PP at the end.
Kept the same grip for the 5 PP, then right down to cycle through the 10 DL quickly, then right to the 20" box for stepups/downs.
9+1
I'll attempt this again. I'd like to get closer to 10, if not 10.
But I am happy with my first attempt to.
Just kept going, no stopping.
Today, Friday, coaching thrusters and ring PUs, so some 'work' there.
Otherwise, I am going to do some more mobility tonight on my calves and shoulders.
Excited to be able to be at Beacon tomorrow to watch/judge/coach people through 13.2.
I hated having to miss that last week!!
I hated having to miss that last week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment